Basic 3D manoeuvres

Jocker_cms

Hi Richard. Can i ask you - what best way to training sidewinder? To learn 8 position and then combine into one figure?

RichardV

Sidewinder, that the piro tictoc circuit right? Yeah, I’d go for learn the PTTs in each of the orientations, and then put it together and attack it in different ways. So straight lines across the flightline, so the model isn’t changing relative to the the wind but it is changing relative to you. PTT squares, PTT circuits with different sizes, PTT figure 8, basically anything where you’re seeing the model from different perspectives. Just hammering the same manoeuvre over and over will teach bad habits, so better to try different ways and pick on your weaknesses.

Jocker_cms
RichardV:

Sidewinder, that the piro tictoc circuit right? Yeah, I’d go for learn the PTTs in each of the orientations, and then put it together and attack it in different ways. So straight lines across the flightline, so the model isn’t changing relative to the the wind but it is changing relative to you. PTT squares, PTT circuits with different sizes, PTT figure 8, basically anything where you’re seeing the model from different perspectives. Just hammering the same manoeuvre over and over will teach bad habits, so better to try different ways and pick on your weaknesses.

Thanks! Most problem for me - left diagonal PTT, when model on left side from view and oriented right side to me. Also smooth combining of 8 positions to one consistent figure also not too easy.